Currently Reading

Currently Reading
Current Reading

Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Child In Time & Lady Chatterly's Lover

So I finished The Child In Time, and I have to say that I was not a fan of this book.  Ian McEwan usually writes really good books but unfortunately this one was not one of them.  The plot took forever to pan out and then the ending left something to be desired and left me wondering.

Next, I went on to read Lady Chatterley's Lover, this book was full of sex.  I blushed reading it with everything I watch so I can not imagine what people thought or how they felt when they read it.  I felt it was quite lengthy and could have been shortened just a little. 

Now I have veered off the 1001 book list and have decided to pick up in a series I started a few years ago and had forgotten how much I loved them.  It is the Xanth series by Piers Anthony.  I am currently on book 8 of 20 something books.  I found this series because of my husband and I love it.  This series is about the magical land of Xanth and in this land each person has a magical talent.  The books usually tell about people in this land going on magical journeys.  This book is full of puns for example a shoe tree is actually a tree that grows shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment