Currently Reading

Currently Reading
Current Reading

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Saturday

So I finished reading Ian McEwan's Saturday.  It started slow but half to three quarters of the way through the book it starts to pick up.  The book is about a neurosurgeon who it discussing his Saturday and it goes through his day with the occasional flashback to certain events to give the reader a background glimpse of what is going on.  The setting in in Europe and is during a time where Saddam and Bin Laden where hot topics on the political front.  I hate to go into more detail without giving away too much and ruining the book for you guys. 

Then I went to the library to check out another book (I so want an ereader) and was really wanting to read Lady Chatterley's Lover but unfortunately our library does not carry it.  Then I decided I would try another Ian McEwan book The Cement Garden but they did not carry that one either. So instead I am reading another Ian McEwan book Atonement.  I have to say I enjoy his books because they are well written with tons of details.

No comments:

Post a Comment